1. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
1. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(i) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
(ii) Information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address.
(iii) information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details.
(iv) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address.
(v) information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
(vi) information relating to any purchases you make of our goods OR services OR [goods and/or services] or any other transactions that you enter into through our website including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details.
(vii) information that you post to our website for publication on the internet including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts.
(viii) information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and
(ix) any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
3. Using personal information
1. Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
2. We may use your personal information to:
(i) administer our website and business
(ii) personalise our website for you
(iii) enable your use of the services available on our website
(iv) send you goods purchased through our website
(v) supply to you services purchased through our website
(vi) send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
(vii) send you non-marketing commercial communications
(viii) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
(ix) send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter
(x) send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications
(xi) provide third parties with statistical information about our users but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information
(xii) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
(xiii) keep our website secure and prevent fraud and
(xiv) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service.
4. Disclosing personal information
1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
2. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
3. We may disclose your personal information:
(i) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(ii) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(iii) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
(iv) to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business or asset that we are or are contemplating selling and
(v) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Security of personal information
1. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
1. We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
2. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
3. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
7. Third party websites
1. Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
2. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
2. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
3. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
4. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
5. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
6. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer